November 2012: BoneXpert licensed to 16 hospitals
The BoneXpert Server version has been well received in Europe due to its ideal integration in the radiologists’ workflow.
The key step in the installation is to establish a contact between Visiana and the local PACS administrator, who then downloads the program, installs it on a local machine, and configures it, whereafter it runs as a DICOM node, i.e. as an integral part of PACS. The image processing is done locally, and the counting of the analyses over the internet.
Sixteen hospitals/clinics have purchased a license for an annual use of 200 or more BoneXpert analyses, including the following
- Leiden University Medical Centre, Netherlands (shown in image)
- Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Hillerød Hospital, Denmark
- Klinikum Augsburg, Germany
- Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
- Domus Medica, Reykjavik, Iceland
- Medizinisches Kinder- und Jugendzentrum, Frankfurt/Heidelberg, Germany
- Skåne University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
- Aalborg University Hospital, Denmark
- Utrecht University Medical Centre, Netherlands
- Radboud University Medical Centre, Nijmegen, Netherlands
- Regional Hospital West, Herning & Holstebro, Denmark
- Erasmus University Medical Centre, Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Klinikum Ludwigsburg, Germany
In addition, 15 hospitals are currently testing the system, integrated in their PACS. Other hospitals are welcome to contact Visiana to request a free trial of the BoneXpert PACS plugin.